Today I'm very excited to announce a book: Build Your OmniFocus Workflow. I've been hard at work on this for the last 3 months - but not alone. My fabulous co-author, Ryan Dotson, has been hard at work right along side me (admittedly with a timezone difference) - and we have 150 pages ready for you! This book is designed, as the name implies, to help you build a workflow which works for you with OmniFocus - whether you've never used the app before, or if you've used it for years and just want to improve your setup. It is comprised of five sections:
Throughout the book there are tips, notes, personal comments, and most important of all: activities for you to complete in order for you to create a set up which allows you to be productive and which will hopefully also allow you to feel like you're fully in control of your life.
- First Steps: Getting OmnIFocus set up with a basic setup.
- Fundamentals: Walking you through the default perspectives, and expanding on your current setup - plus diving into settings.
- Advancing: Diving much deeper, including custom perspectives, creative uses for tags, review and onwards.
- Final Horizons: Honing your workflow to get the most out of your system.
- Our Workflows: Ryan and I get personal and tell you about how our setups work.
Rose has been doing amazing work as long as I have followed her and this is no exception. I bought this instantly and I am about halfway through it right now. While some of the things aren’t new for me (I have been using OmniFocus off and on the past 5 years), it is still a great way to rethink how I use OmniFocus. I am taking this book as an excuse to start a whole new database and use the teachings of this book as my guide. So far, it’s working great for me.
Go buy yourself, or someone you know, a copy of this now before the price goes from $25 to $30.