Announcement: Build Your OmniFocus Workflow
Today I’m very excited to announce a book: Build Your OmniFocus Workflow. I’ve been hard at work on this for the last 3 months - but not alone. My fabulous co-author, Ryan Dotson, has been hard at work right along side me (admittedly with a timezone difference) - and we have 150 pages ready for you!
This book is designed, as the name implies, to help you build a workflow which works for you with OmniFocus - whether you’ve never used the app before, or if you’ve used it for years and just want to improve your setup. It is comprised of five sections:
- First Steps: Getting OmnIFocus set up with a basic setup.
- Fundamentals: Walking you through the default perspectives, and expanding on your current setup - plus diving into settings.
- Advancing: Diving much deeper, including custom perspectives, creative uses for tags, review and onwards.
- Final Horizons: Honing your workflow to get the most out of your system.
- Our Workflows: Ryan and I get personal and tell you about how our setups work.
Throughout the book there are tips, notes, personal comments, and most important of all: activities for you to complete in order for you to create a set up which allows you to be productive and which will hopefully also allow you to feel like you’re fully in control of your life.
Rose has been doing amazing work as long as I have followed her and this is no exception. I bought this instantly and I am about halfway through it right now. While some of the things aren’t new for me (I have been using OmniFocus off and on the past 5 years), it is still a great way to rethink how I use OmniFocus. I am taking this book as an excuse to start a whole new database and use the teachings of this book as my guide. So far, it’s working great for me.
Go buy yourself, or someone you know, a copy of this now before the price goes from $25 to $30.